Featured above & worn on my trip:
DailyShoes Hunter Rainboots | Makeitmint Military Anorak Jacket | Love Lakeside Cashmere Feel Winter Plaid Scarf | Refresh Wynne Combat Lace Up Ankle Bootie | ScarvesMe Solid Ribbed Beanie & PomPom | NeatPack Foldable Backpack | Gap 1969 Boyfriend Jeans | REI Smart Wool Hiking socks | The North Face Venture Rain Jacket
Everything I read while researching online before my cruise indicated that it would be cool on the ship and warm on-land. Warm to the point of tee-shirts and shorts. So I packed light jackets, a few pairs of pants, tee’s, and shorts for excursions. Unfortunately for me, my reading was so chillingly WRONG! It was freezing on the boat and only 40 – 50 degrees on-land. I wore all of my jackets on-top of one another and rocked my warm beanie every day! Thankfully for you, I am here to help you weather your cruise so you are warm and comfy throughout your trip!
Below are my recommendations for a 7-day Alaskan cruise. Overall, layers will be your best friend, so try to pack things that match well with one another.
- Jackets (3): Heavy jacket, layering jacket, water proof jacket
- Shirts (7): Base layer tee’s for layering. Bring a few cute ones for around the cruise ship and some active style shirts for your excursions
- Pants: warm leggings (2 pairs), jeans, shorts (1 pair)
- Formal wear: 2 nights worth of dresses or nice skirt / top combo
- Bathing suit
- Sweat wicking socks for active days (REI has the most comfy hiking socks around for great prices)
- Workout gear: most cruise ships have a full gym so packing a few days of workout clothes for your full sailing days is a great way to defeat the buffet
- Water bottle
- Binoculars & camera
- Gloves, beanie, scarves
- Day bag: packable backpack recommended
- Sun screen & bug spray (if you go on a hike)
- Clutch wallet for your phone and cruise ship id to bring around the boat
- Waterproof shoes or rain boots
- Comfortable walking shoes for excursions: sneakers or hiking boots
- Sandals for walking to the spa or pool / hot tub
2 thoughts on “Alaska Packing List”
what month did you go on the cruise?
May of 2016. Are you going on one?