I love sushi, but unfortunately, my boyfriend does not. To get around that, I always suggest getting sushi when catching up with my friends or doing girls nights to get my fix. Fortunately, I was lucky the other night when one of my friends replied “yes!” to meeting at Sushi Bayashi in the Dallas Trinity Groves area.
We started with some happy hour sake since their happy hour is from 5-7 everyday, even on the weekends! Love that. And after perusing the menu of tempting entrees, we decided on three rolls:
- A spicy tuna roll – this roll was yummy but a typical tuna roll. If you are into the basics, this roll is not a bad option.
- A coconut crusted soft shell crab roll – Soft shell crab is, by far, one of my favorite Japanese dishes and, mixing those flavors with coconut and a peanut dipping sauce, is a culinary feat. I will be day dreaming about this roll until I go back for more!
- An eel roll with basil cream and eel sauce drizzle – You must try this roll! My dinning companion had never had eel and couldn’t get enough of this roll, so naturally, we had a chopstick fight to determine winner of the last few pieces. The picture of this roll, featured below, does not to it justice (got to love ambiance lighting that doesn’t bode well for picture taking), so feel free to order it, take a picture of your own, and post it below with how much you love this roll too!
A few things to note –
- The rolls range from $7-$24, a little more pricey than usual. Our specialty rolls were about $14 – $15 each but totally worth every penny.
- The online menu is complete from the entrée side, but not for sushi. I heard great reviews about this place but was a little worried after looking online and not seeing many roll options. Rest assured, the sushi menu is much more flushed out when you are actually at Sushi Bayashi.
Overall, if you are a sushi lover like me, Sushi Bayashi is basically guaranteed to be a winner in your book too!