For any parties greater than four, I always recommend my favorite Spanish tapas place: Casa Rubia. With a complex menu of seasonally changing deliciousness, you can get a scrumptious assortment of meats and cheeses to pair with a glass of Spanish wine for an appetizer, and then continue the fun in a mix-and-match shared plate feast.
Our night in a tasty nutshell:
- Chicken Liver Mousse, Macetilla Vinaigre, pickled vegetables, two cheeses, and mixed Spanish olives so delectable they converted the non-olive eater in our party to an enthusiast!
- Crispy Artichokes, Meyer Lemon, Fresno Chile Mojama, Saffron Aioli (featured above)
- Cape Cod Mussels, Sour Orange, Sherry Herbs, Smoked Trout Roe, Dill Potato Chips
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts, 44 Farms Beef Belly, Mojo Picon, Scallion, Mint, Pomegranate (featured above)
- Toasted Fideos, Chistorra, Gulf Shrimp, Crispy Calamari, Charred Citrus Aioli (featured above)
- And, my new personal favorite, Cauliflower Confit, Red Onion Marmalade, Capers, Olives, Pimenton Crumb, Rosemary Brown Butter
Another perk of this restaurant gem is that it is in Trinity Groves, so you can walk off your meal by checking out the resultants down the patio for your next food experience!