Phuket and the surrounding islands are full of beautiful beaches and tropical adventures! Between sea-canoeing, swimming in resort pools, walking the beach, visiting popular islands, and walking the night markets, there is tons to do and lots to pack. Fingers crossed sunshine will be the only thing in your trip’s forecast, but during monsoon season (May – November), it rains like crazy on the coast, so you will want to ensure you are prepared no matter what!
With all of that said, below are my recommendations for making the most out of your Phuket packing space:
Chaco Dorra Sandals | NeatPack Foldable Backpack | Forever 21 Floppy Sun Hat | Cheap sunglasses bought in the night markets so if they go for a swim, its OK | a poncho & umbrella | Everything But Water Sundress | Everything But Water Bikini | Flowy Romper | Universal Bastex Dry Bag Wterproof Phone Case
- Tank top: Light, breathable tanks that do not reveal too much but keep you cool. Make sure they can match with lots of prints so, if you buy clothes in Thailand, you can mix and match!
- Shorts: That will not chafe and are comfortable / easy on / off when wet.
- Easy on / off romper: Perfect to wear to the beach or resort pool as a cover up.
- Athletic capri leggings and top for excursions: Focus on light, breathable, sweat-wicking, and easy to clean clothes for your zip-line or adventurous tours.
- Formal wear: Flowy dresses or nice skirt / top combo. Remember, Thailand is a very conservative country so try not to reveal too much.
- Bathing suit (2): Bring a strapless one for your lazy days on the beach or at the pool so you won’t get crazy tan lines. Bring a second one that ties around the neck and wont fall off while you are snorkeling or going on excursions with more movement.
- Poncho or rain jacket: to keep dry. Bring with you at all times! You never know when the sky will open up and the rain will come.
- Water bottle
- Camera (if not your phone)
- Umbrella: For both sun and rain protection
- Hat and sunglasses: A MUST
- Day bag: Pack-able backpack for your sunscreen, poncho, water and snacks, towels, and anything else you may need.
- Sun screen: Make sure you apply often!
- Waterproof phone carrying case: This will save your phone when you are on bumpy jet boats, in rain, and are surrounded by water.
- Hand sanitizer
- Comfortable walking sandals that can get wet and keep your feet secure from slipping around
- Sandals for walking beach
- Sneakers for adventure tours