There are two main components to any ski / snowboard ensemble – a base layer and a top layer. There are also two important rules to both – comfort and style (of course)! Below are some of my favorite items for layering up, as well as a guide to packing for the perfect trip!
1) Boulder Gear Hepburn Jacket 2) The North Face STH Pant 3) North Face 4) Denali thermal beanie 5) Bolle Volt Ski Goggle, White Dots
6) Spyder Essential Ski Gloves 7) Totes Womens Cam Snow Boot
7) Nike Pro Short Sleeve V-Neck Women’s Top 8) Stance Kora Socks 9) Lululemon jacket 10) Nike Shield Leggings 11) Champion Absolute Cami Sports Bra
A few other packing essentials:
- Make sure your leggings, like the ones above, have a zipper at the bottom to put over your ski boots. You only want your seamless socks in your boots as any other seams or edges can cut off circulation in your legs causing tingley, cold toes.
- Bring a stick chapstick and mini-lotion for your ski jacket. Chapstick and lip gloss can freeze if you do not have the stick kind.
- Advil for soreness.
- Quest bars or any other bars to snack on while you are on the slopes. Pro tip – keep them in your inner layers so they do not freeze or become hard.
- Bring a nice pair of gloves and a scarf for going out at night.
- Ditch the heels – wearing your snow boots everywhere is the best thing ever after a long leg day.
- Pack comfy sweat pants and fuzzy socks for the hotel room. Walking on cold tile bathroom floors is never fun!
- Use your ski jacket pockets as your wallet, chapstick, and mini-lotion holder during your time on the slopes. A small side bag will do the trick the rest of the time!
- Don’t forget sunscreen! The snow reflects the sun and burning is easy.